The Innermost Thoughts of Pupcake

The contemplations of a trophy wife. I study, I knit, I watch sports, I have a cat. I could post about any or all of these things... and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Way Too Much Stuff

I realize my fiance and I have both been living on our own for quite a while, but still.... Where did all of this STUFF come from?! Honestly, I do not think either of us realized just how much we had accumulated over the years until 1) we tried to move it and 2) we tried to put it together in one house.

The house is at least the size of our two apartments combined, so we should not have a problem fitting it all into the new space, right? Granted, we have not yet tried putting anything in the attic, but at this point we will probably only use that to store empty boxes. The issues we are having relate to our collections. For me, that includes books, CDs, yarn, and art glass. Dale collects books, CDs, DVDs, games (board, video, card, computer), LEGO sets, and miniatures.

Right now our dining room is a catch-all space: gigantic telescope, extra chairs, ottomans, empty boxes waiting for Monday's trash pick-up.... The rec room has an entire wall that is covered by boxes and plastic containers two deep! All of my fiance's books are still in boxes in the middle of our office. And none of MY furniture or MY boxes of books have arrived yet -- they're still in my apartment, to be moved professionally on Saturday.

I am exhausted. I have spent several evenings and afternoons putting contact paper in the three bathrooms and the kitchen... and I am still not done. Which means that none of my kitchen boxes have been unpacked yet, and we have not gone grocery shopping, either. Dale has made pasta for us a couple of nights, but I am already tired of that. I really want our kitchen to be functional, and it is frustrating to me that it is not. And I will not be able to work on it for the next couple of days.

Why not? Because, as I mentioned, my furniture and books arrive on Saturday morning. Tomorrow night we have to go to my apartment to unhook the washer and dryer, separate my desk and media cabinet into their separate components, and get the rest of the stuff out of there that we do not want the movers to move. We also need to move more things out of the way in the house so that the movers can put my furniture somewhere.

I know that we do not have to get everything done at once. Trust me - I am already dreading having to move everything again in order to paint. We are only trying to get everything into the house that needs to be here. And that in and of itself is hard work that I do not want to do again anytime soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know why it's taking so long to get through our condo. ;) -am

Fri Sep 07, 09:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home