Knit from Your Stash 2007
I haven't written much about knitting on my blog yet, my favorite hobby. Why do I enjoy knitting so much? Because it gives my ever-moving hands something to do while I watch sports on television. Not only is it something to do, but it's something PRODUCTIVE to do. I've knit so many things over the past few years -- gifted some of them, kept others for myself. I love it!
Despite the fact that I only became re-acquainted with the hobby a few years ago (November 2002), I have already accumulated quite the stash of yarn. Some yarn was bought with specific projects in mind, other yarn was bought because the price was too good to pass up, and still more was bought just because. And no matter how quickly my needles fly, I still can't seem to make even a DENT in my stash.
Hence the "Knit from Your Stash 2007" title of this entry. My favorite knitting blogger, Wendy, came up with the idea with a friend of hers. She wrote about it here: http://wendyknits.net/stash2007.htm. I don't share her obsession with knitting socks nor her skill at spinning, so I have created my own rules:
Knit From Your Stash 2007: Guidelines for Pupcake
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through December 31, 2007 – a period of twelve months.
2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
2.a. Yarn needed for wedding projects is exempt.
2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift.
2.c. If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project.
2.d. If I am able to attend Stitches East in October, that event is exempt.
3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
4. Trading stash is allowed.
So far so good. I'm working on two projects right now, one is for the wedding, the other is from stash yarn. I realize it's only Day Twelve of the challenge, but I really think I can succeed on this "yarn diet." Wish me luck!
Despite the fact that I only became re-acquainted with the hobby a few years ago (November 2002), I have already accumulated quite the stash of yarn. Some yarn was bought with specific projects in mind, other yarn was bought because the price was too good to pass up, and still more was bought just because. And no matter how quickly my needles fly, I still can't seem to make even a DENT in my stash.
Hence the "Knit from Your Stash 2007" title of this entry. My favorite knitting blogger, Wendy, came up with the idea with a friend of hers. She wrote about it here: http://wendyknits.net/stash2007.htm. I don't share her obsession with knitting socks nor her skill at spinning, so I have created my own rules:
Knit From Your Stash 2007: Guidelines for Pupcake
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through December 31, 2007 – a period of twelve months.
2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
2.a. Yarn needed for wedding projects is exempt.
2.b. If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that I really and truly do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift.
2.c. If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project.
2.d. If I am able to attend Stitches East in October, that event is exempt.
3. I am allowed to receive gifts of yarn.
4. Trading stash is allowed.
So far so good. I'm working on two projects right now, one is for the wedding, the other is from stash yarn. I realize it's only Day Twelve of the challenge, but I really think I can succeed on this "yarn diet." Wish me luck!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home