The Innermost Thoughts of Pupcake

The contemplations of a trophy wife. I study, I knit, I watch sports, I have a cat. I could post about any or all of these things... and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The End of the House Hunt

As promised, the rest of the story on finding a house....

I went to services one week and talked to the rabbi's wife afterwards. I happened to mention that I was house-hunting, and her eyes lit up. She and the rabbi were selling their house! I was introduced to her realtor and his wife (also a real estate agent), and they told me a little about the place. So I called my agent the following week, and we met to tour the rabbi's house.

It was a really nice, modern ranch. It would have been a good size for my fiance and I and my cat. However, the backyard was on a very busy street. Even though they had built a privacy fence, the loud traffic would have marred our enjoyment of the outdoors. Inside, though, when all of the doors and windows were closed, you couldn't hear it.

Shortly after that, maybe a week or two later, another house appeared on my radar, because the owners lowered the price into our range. It looked great - the area that we wanted, a modern home, one that appeared well-maintained.... So I met our agent again, and we walked through it. His comment was, "This is definitely the nicest house you've seen." I had to agree with him. However, my fiance was not there - he was in Virginia, and already had plane tickets to come down, but not for another two weeks. Dale saw pictures, and we decided to put in an offer!

Thankfully the sellers agreed to our condition that my fiance got to see the house and approve it. Which he did. We've been moving forward ever since. Our closing is in less than a month, and my fiance will move down the end of August. It has been hectic, stressful, and exciting, and I'm really looking forward to just being in the house. Heck, even the decorating sounds fun to me!

I'll describe the house in another posting....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home