The Innermost Thoughts of Pupcake

The contemplations of a trophy wife. I study, I knit, I watch sports, I have a cat. I could post about any or all of these things... and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Going Away Party

My co-workers decided to throw a going-away party for me. Great! My last day is Friday, I work 9 am to 3 pm -- a lunchtime party would be perfect.

But that's not what they're doing. Without consulting me or anyone in the library to check the schedule, my going away party is Thursday at lunchtime. This is a problem, because I work 2 pm to 10 pm. They don't want to have the party on Friday, because not everyone works on Fridays. So guess what? I have to come into work AN HOUR EARLY on Thursday for my own going away party!!! And I can't leave early Thursday night, because I have to close the library.

Is there anybody left out there wondering why I needed to find a new job? No -- I didn't think so.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried to answer twice and blogger keeps messing me up. I think last night's try had a big sheesh in it. Anyway, doesn't sound like they are really thinking of anyone's convenience but their own. Mike's response was (chuckle), "Alrighty, sounds like fun." Not really. Can't wait to hear what happens.

Wed Jan 17, 10:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home