Tired of Moving
I would love to write about my knitting, but since all I've been working on for months are gifts for other people (or something for my wedding), I can't. Stealth knitting projects do not make for good blog material. So I'll just babble about all the moving stuff I need to deal with.
Today I had to make my third call to AT&T's Customer Service number. The first one was to move my service from my apartment to the house. I had to change my number, which annoyed me, and I have to wait 12 days before they can actually do it. The second call was to add my fiance to my account. I was hoping to be able to do this online, but I wasn't allowed to. Then yesterday I returned home from work to an answering machine message, asking if I wanted my DSL service moved, too. During the first call I had said I wanted it moved, and the service rep quoted me a price that sounded like it included it in my bundle. So today was call #3 with a really chatty but nice service rep, who hopefully has everything straightened out by now.
I'm currently in a 2-bedroom apartment, but I really don't have that much stuff to move. Some light-weight Ikea furniture, a full-sized bed, a TV, a washer, and a dryer. However, with a herniated disk in my back, I can't really move any of this stuff, and I won't be much help to my fiance for moving. So we decided to hire 2 Men & a Truck just for the furniture, appliances, and boxes of books. It should only take them half-a-day to get everything loaded on the truck and unloaded into the house. I've never had movers before - even my parents did it themselves when they moved across town 23 years ago. So I hope everything goes well.
I can't wait to be in the house! I'm excited to pick out things for it, even the fridge. All of the other appliances stayed, except the fridge, washer, and dryer. Dale already bought us the W/D, which are white and will go perfectly in the laundry room. Our laundry room has ceramic tile, a utility sink, hanging cabinets, and even a short rack to hang clothes on! This is also where we plan on putting the cat's litter box, so it's out of the way. Her food and water will be in the kitchen, though, possibly under the built-in desk.
My mom is already jealous of the kitchen. It's big, with a built-in microwave, desk, and bar. There are two things we don't like about it: the light fixture (fluorescent tubes with a plastic cover on the ceiling) and how white it is. White walls, white ceiling, white cabinets, white appliances, light grey counter tops.... At least the hardware is silver, and the floors are hardwood. But we're going to have to add some color, starting with the stainless steel (or stainless steel looking) fridge we intend to buy.
That's it for now. I'll describe the rest of the house some other time, like maybe next week.
Today I had to make my third call to AT&T's Customer Service number. The first one was to move my service from my apartment to the house. I had to change my number, which annoyed me, and I have to wait 12 days before they can actually do it. The second call was to add my fiance to my account. I was hoping to be able to do this online, but I wasn't allowed to. Then yesterday I returned home from work to an answering machine message, asking if I wanted my DSL service moved, too. During the first call I had said I wanted it moved, and the service rep quoted me a price that sounded like it included it in my bundle. So today was call #3 with a really chatty but nice service rep, who hopefully has everything straightened out by now.
I'm currently in a 2-bedroom apartment, but I really don't have that much stuff to move. Some light-weight Ikea furniture, a full-sized bed, a TV, a washer, and a dryer. However, with a herniated disk in my back, I can't really move any of this stuff, and I won't be much help to my fiance for moving. So we decided to hire 2 Men & a Truck just for the furniture, appliances, and boxes of books. It should only take them half-a-day to get everything loaded on the truck and unloaded into the house. I've never had movers before - even my parents did it themselves when they moved across town 23 years ago. So I hope everything goes well.
I can't wait to be in the house! I'm excited to pick out things for it, even the fridge. All of the other appliances stayed, except the fridge, washer, and dryer. Dale already bought us the W/D, which are white and will go perfectly in the laundry room. Our laundry room has ceramic tile, a utility sink, hanging cabinets, and even a short rack to hang clothes on! This is also where we plan on putting the cat's litter box, so it's out of the way. Her food and water will be in the kitchen, though, possibly under the built-in desk.
My mom is already jealous of the kitchen. It's big, with a built-in microwave, desk, and bar. There are two things we don't like about it: the light fixture (fluorescent tubes with a plastic cover on the ceiling) and how white it is. White walls, white ceiling, white cabinets, white appliances, light grey counter tops.... At least the hardware is silver, and the floors are hardwood. But we're going to have to add some color, starting with the stainless steel (or stainless steel looking) fridge we intend to buy.
That's it for now. I'll describe the rest of the house some other time, like maybe next week.


1 Comments:
Yay! So glad you're happy with most things. So sorry about the phone. Happy you hired moving people. I've had good experiences with movers so I can say that they help a LOT. If Mike and I could have afforded it last year, oh, yeah, we would have done it in a flash. If we ever move again, we are so having professional help. I am gonna be slammed this week. Hopefully we can chat soon. Love ya!
Post a Comment
<< Home