The Innermost Thoughts of Pupcake

The contemplations of a trophy wife. I study, I knit, I watch sports, I have a cat. I could post about any or all of these things... and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Movin' Down South

I know I haven't updated my blog about my job situation for a little while. There were certain people to whom I wanted to talk before I posted it here. Now I'm finally ready to publish my news....

I got the job in Huntsville! They called me a week after my interview to offer me the position. That means that I'm moving in less than two weeks! They initially wanted me to start on Jan. 22nd, but because I had to give three weeks notice at my current job, I asked to start on Jan. 29th. They graciously conceded. I mean, I could have worked here through Jan. 19th, moved across several state lines in two days, and started a new job on the 22nd. But why increase my stress if I don't have to?

And lots of stress do I have! I still don't have a florist or musicians for the wedding, and I was hoping to at least know with whom I would be working before I move. I'm meeting with two florists next week, and now I'm playing phone tag with my intended musicians. Not to mention packing all of my belongings, canceling and starting all of my utilities, changing my address with oodles of places, physically moving, unpacking.... What a nightmare the past three weeks have been, and the fun isn't over yet!

I'm not sure if I'll blog again before I move. I may be so bored at work that I could use something to do, or I may get too busy. I just don't know at this point. If I don't, I will update y'all on how things went once I get Internet access in my new apartment. Toodles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home