The Innermost Thoughts of Pupcake

The contemplations of a trophy wife. I study, I knit, I watch sports, I have a cat. I could post about any or all of these things... and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Offer Rescinded

So after all of that with my grandfather dying during my preliminary security check, the Agency rescinded their conditional offer. Of course they did not give a reason. They simply mailed a letter, which I received on Halloween, notifying me of their decision. They also threw me a bone -- I can reapply in a year, if I so desire. Yeah, right, like I want to go through that whole process again!

It's all moot anyway, because I won't be moving to Virginia after all. My fiance has received notice that, if he can transfer, it will be very beneficial to his career. To where do they want him to move? Huntsville, Alabama! His timetable looks something like this: apartment lease expires in September, wedding happens in October, move happens sometime around then. If I am still in Maryland when he moves, his company is willing to work out a way to get me moved directly from here to Alabama.

The question is: will I still be here? I would prefer to stay until the wedding, because we're getting married here and it's difficult to plan a long-distance wedding. However, I have almost all of the vendors in place, and hope to have the rest of them lined up by the end of January. Also, a few weeks ago I saw an advertisement for a job in Huntsville with a reputable company in my field. I applied, and apparently they were so impressed, that I had a phone interview yesterday. We'll see how that works out. If they want me and I want the job, I could be down there as early as the end of January/beginning of February!

I will try to be better about the frequency of my posts, in case there is still anyone out there reading....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home