The Innermost Thoughts of Pupcake

The contemplations of a trophy wife. I study, I knit, I watch sports, I have a cat. I could post about any or all of these things... and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Monday, July 31, 2006

Romantic Weekend Getaway

My marvelous BF made arrangements for us to have a three-day getaway last weekend. I begged him a couple of months ago, "You don't need to buy me any gifts. I just want to get away from the cities for my birthday." Since my birthday was on Friday, we both took that day off of work and left in the morning.

It wasn't until Thursday night that he told me where we were going: Shepherdstown, West Virginia. You're probably wondering the same thing I was: where?! It turns out that there is a four-star hotel and restaurant, The Bavarian Inn, on the outskirts of that town. The web site is here: http://www.bavarianinnwv.com/. It was fabulous! My BF opted for one of the deluxe rooms (not a suite), and we had a fireplace, a balcony overlooking the Potomac River, a large sitting area, a canopied Queen-size bed, and a whirlpool tub with a separate shower. The dinner and two breakfasts we had in their restaurant were superb as well.

Friday afternoon we had lunch and shopped in historic Shepherdstown. On Saturday and Sunday we walked around historic Harpers Ferry, a 12-mile drive from the inn. Despite the heat and humidity, we really enjoyed this National Historic Park. My BF and I are already trying to figure out when we can return -- in cooler weather -- to both the inn and Harpers Ferry. For anyone in the Maryland/Virginia area, I highly recommend both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home