The Innermost Thoughts of Pupcake

The contemplations of a trophy wife. I study, I knit, I watch sports, I have a cat. I could post about any or all of these things... and more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Ring Itself

By popular request, I will now describe the engagement ring I'm wearing. Dale took his mom with him to pick it out, but he basically picked it out with her nod of approval. He originally saw it with a white gold band, but he had them re-set the stones into a yellow gold setting.

So, to start, it's a yellow gold band and setting with 7 white diamonds. The center diamond is a 0.6 carat brilliant [round] cut in a raised, 6-prong setting. On either side is a smaller brilliant cut diamond, set into the band with yellow gold almost surrounding it. On the outer side of each smaller diamond are 2 baguette diamonds, set into the band. The total carat weight of the 7 diamonds is 1.4 carats.

The diamonds are beautiful -- you can tell that they are of good quality by the way that they sparkle. It is not gaudy and ostentatious, because I have small hands (the ring's size is 4.5). However, it's unique and beautiful -- everyone who has seen it loves it. Including me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home